Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Miracles of Jesus

I had the pleasure of going to a baptism yesterday evening of a darling little girl that belonged to one of my dear friends. After she was baptized, they played a dvd displaying the miracles of Jesus, such as the lame to walk, the blind to see, seas calmed, sins forgiven, the lepers healed, and a woman healed simply by touching the hem of his garment. To see the many mighty miracles that was brought about in the life ministry of our savior was ever so touching. 

I was thinking to myself how amazing it would have been to be able to be alive during those times, and to witness these life altering events that made them firm believers. It was then that I realized the mighty miracles that the Lord has blessed me with in my own life. He never restored my vision in a physical sense, but he is the reason I am able to see the things I do today. It is Jesus Christ who has picked me up when I have felt like a leper, and he has healed my heart. He has calmed the stormy seas in my life, and has given me the opportunity to step out on the raging waters and keep my eyes on him, knowing that he is my only means of survival. These miracles that I speak of in my own life are nothing short of the miracles that Jesus Christ performed when he walked the earth. If we tune in more, we will see the many miracles not just in our own lives, but all around us.  One of my favorite quotes from president Hinckley that I have committed to memory because it resonates so freely with me is this.. “Like the polar stars in the heavens, there stands the redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith. In sunshine and in shadow he is there to assure and smile upon us.” Found here
I am grateful for a mother and a father who taught me to learn about the teachings and miracles of Jesus, so that his miracles could be found in my life. I love him, and I’m glad that he walks with me in my life. Life would be too hard without him. I know he lives, I have not seen him, but I feel him all around me, and that is enough for me. I hope that I might look closer to see even more everyday miracles of Jesus Christ in my life. 

No comments: