Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Prime of Our Youth!



























As of last Sunday my brother, Rusty got called to serve as the Young Mens president of our ward. I would have been excited for him anyways, but I'm even more excited because I'm the Young Womens president, and that means that I will get to work right along side my brother! :) I was called as the YW president in August of last year. My mouth hit the floor and I couldn't believe that I was being called because I had never heard of a single sister being called as the president. Once I understood what he was saying, I felt mounds of inadequacies surround me. I then knew that I had to rely on the Lord that obviously he was aware of something I wasn't.




It's now been 6 months since I've received this calling and I can't believe how much it has changed my life. I've never felt so humbled, so called out about my own weaknesses (due to assessing myself), so helped and brought to the level I need to be in my entire life. I never thought I could love someone the way heavenly father loves someone. To see, act and feel personally his love for each of these girls. I'm in love with my calling, I'm in love with these girls and all the things they bring into my life. I couldn't imagine myself without the growth that these girls and my fellow counselors have afforded me. I have so much fun it hardly feels like a calling. This past Wednesday we did Just Dance 2 on the nintendo Wii, which the youth had an absolute blast, and the attendance was up more than it has been in a long time. I'm just over-whelmed by the fact and knowledge of how much Heavenly Father cares for these youth and allows me to see and feel of his love for them. I feel so unworthy to be in this calling, and yet I'm so very thankful that for some reason I'm being allowed to witness all of these fantastic events. I'm so grateful my heavenly father loves me enough to show me so many of life's lessons! :)






How blessed we all are!

No comments: