Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Life As A Florida State Seminole

One of The Hardest Part of the move.. My nieces/Children



All the nieces I've watched since birth pretty much
Doak Campbell Stadium

This is Florida State University... The prettiest campus I've ever seen! 

This is our front door (if you couldn't guess)

This Is our Guest Room


After much stress and hard work, I made it to Tallahassee with TONS of help from others. I honestly can say, I know this is where the Lord wants me to be, otherwise there were 1000 barriers that would have prevented me from being here, but the Lord removed them, so I could enjoy being a Seminole. :) It's moments like these that makes you sit back, and realize how involved the Lord is in our lives. He really does care about even the small details of our lives, such as what college I should attend, which house I should live in, which major I should choose... Countless things that matter to him.


Because of faulty paperwork or lack thereof from my previous college (despite efforts on my end), I wasn't officially admitted into FSU until the DAY classes started! I had orientation, turned in all my medical paper work, called my sister told her what was going on, and she registered me for classes (because I didn't have a computer with me to register) . At FSU if you don't go to the first class, your automatically dropped from the course. After grabbing a bite to eat with my dad, we booked it to try and find my classes on a HUGE campus that I had no CLUE about other than the football stadium, and last I heard they don't offer classes at the Doak Campbell Stadium! I ran my legs off that first day, and honestly I don't know if I could have held it all together if it weren't for my dad being right next to me. He was SO very patient, and was there with anything I needed. I didn't even have a notepad for my first class because I had heard Orientation would be all day, but turned out because it was the first day of class, they shortened what would have been a 8 hour orientation down to 45 minutes (pretty intense). Thankfully dad had a notepad, and I was able to take it with me to my first few classes. When I was stressing because I couldn't find where I needed to go, and I didn't have a map, he without me asking, came and found me, and brought me his map. He was a sport in every sense of the word. He sat patiently outside of all my classrooms waiting for me to finish. He was such a blessing and stress reliever to me. I had no idea what I needed to do, but somehow Heavenly Father would quietly lead me to the right decision. I just prayed that I knew this is what he wanted for me, and he was going to have to help me, because I didn't know how I would be able to get everything done I needed to do, and you know what, it all got done, and I give all the credit to him.


So here I am at Florida State,  the school I've wanted to be at since I was a little girl. I've worked hard to get here, and honestly I didn't think I would actually make this dream of mine come true because of multiple reasons (I would have went to a University in Central Florida). I am so glad that I am here! I am so glad that things happen for a reason, and people come into our lives and help us understand what God wants for us. Things don't always go according to the way we had planned, but they do always go  according to what in the end will benefit us the most.


In the short time I've lived here in Tallahassee, I've learned even more about myself, about what I'm made of, and about who and what matters most to me. I've gained a stronger sense of the important things in life. I'm blessed with family members that would do all in their power to help me achieve success on all levels. They are my greatest support system, and I can truly say, I don't know what I would do without them. They moved my entire place without me being back in Lake Wales to help them. They took time away from their families to help me move here to further my education. I have a family that a lot of people desire. For that I am so grateful! They are my best friends and closes confidents.-- They probably only helped because they are excited to have a place to stay for FOOTBALL SEASON!! haha    I'm excited to share it with them, and be here during that exciting time of year! ohhh yeah!!! Bring on the times of our lives!!! The Doak will rock that much harder this year!!! GO NOLES GO!!!! 

No comments: