Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm a pretty lucky girl







I was fortunate enough to have lots of family down this past month. My mom was down here for nearly 3 weeks, and although I didn't get as much time with her as I would have liked, it was great to be with her for whatever amount of time. My sister had surgery, which was for the most part, the reason for her trip. Lori wouldn't be able to drive for 6 weeks, so with me being in school it would have proved very difficult for me to cover all the rides the kids needed, and various other taxing responsibilities. When mom flew out, she met dad in the Orlando airport handed him the car keys just as he got off the plane, and just before she flew back home. He then drove back to our house. We were lucky enough to be able to spend my dad's 69th birthday with him here in Florida. He came in the day after my race, and his birthday was the upcoming Friday. I knew I wanted to do something that showed my gratitude towards him for all that he had helped me with not only over the weekend, but throughout my life. It was the day before his birthday, and I had 30 minutes before I left for school so I decided I would write him something. It's not my best work, but I didn't have time to make it perfect; however, it was from my heart. I'm only putting this on my blog so I have record of it in a safe place. I don't mean to come off as being too public, and I appoligize if anyone thinks so. Here it is...

The First Man I Ever Loved

The first man I ever loved held me just minutes after I was born

The first man I ever loved saw a mirrored version of
Himself through my eyes all dressed in pink frills

The first man I ever loved taught me how to ride a bike when all the other kids my age were learning to walk.

The First Man I ever loved taught me by example that it was important to read my scriptures to know and understand my savior

The First man I ever loved taught me hard work and motivation was very important in life.

The first man I ever loved taught me the meaning of the word “You’re puking crazy.”


The first man I ever loved taught me to honor the Priesthood of God, and that it was again restored to the earth.

The first man I ever loved showed me obstacles were meant to be jumped over, climbed over, blown up and a part of history.

The first man I ever loved showed me in order to live life to the fullest; you’ve got to have extreme adventure.

The first man I ever loved believed in me when others said it couldn’t be done.


The first man I ever loved showed me by example that when life throws us lemons, we make lemonade.

The first man I ever loved has always been a caretaker, and a loving helping hand to those in need.

The first man I ever loved has Christ-like charity for all he comes into contact with

The first man I ever loved taught me many things that will always be a part of who I am.

The first man I ever loved is my hero in the highest regard. He is not only my hero; he is the man that I am lucky enough to call my father.

I will forever be thankful for this man of great honor and integrity that has blessed my life beyond measure.
All my love, your “little girl”



No comments: